The best answer we have to this question is another question.
Over the last two decades (and especially over the last ten years), our lifestyles in India have improved dramatically in almost every area we consider important…
- Our cars are better
- Our homes are much fancier
- Our clothes and electronics are better
- Our infrastructure – roads, water electricity – is better
- We have better entertainment choices
- Our markets are better, and most products too
- Hospitals and doctors are better too
- Our vacations are also getting better
- Our communication technology is much better
SO WHY IS OUR MOST BASIC NECESSITY – FOOD – GETTING WORSE in every important qualitative parameter – freshness, taste and safety? And why aren’t more of us, much more worried about this?